John W. Day, M.D., Ph.D.
Director of the Paul and Sheila Wellstone Muscular Dystrophy Center
Director of the Muscular Dystrophy Clinic
Director of the Neuromuscular Biopsy Laboratory
Primary Hospital Affiliations: University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview, Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare
Year of Appointment: 1992
Medical School: University of Minnesota, 1977
Graduate School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Internship: Internal Medicine, Montefiore Hospital, Bronx, New York, 1983
Residency: Neurology, University of California—San Francisco
Fellowship: Clinical Neurophysiology, Neuromuscular Disease, University of California—San Francisco
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Myotonic Disorders
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Neuromuscular Disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Characterization of the pathophysiological bases of inherited and acquired neuromuscular and ataxic disorders, having participated in the identification and genetic characterization of myotonic dystrophy type 2, inherited neuromyotonia, and spinocerebellar ataxia types 5 (SCA5) and 8 (SCA8).
- Determination of the utility of stem cell therapies for muscle and neuromuscular diseases
- Development of treatment and outcome strategies for muscular dystrophy
- Development of novel effective immunomodulatory regimens for acquired inflammatory neuromuscular disease.