|Contact Information |
|Phone: ||612-625-8938 |
Department of Neurology
University of Minnesota
420 Delaware St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
M. Fareed K. Suri, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Primary Hospital Affiliations: University of Minnesota Medical Center – Fairview, Hennepin County Medical Center
Year of Appointment: 2008
Medical School: Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan, 1992
Internship: University Hospitals of Cleveland, Ohio (2001-2002)
Residency: University Hospitals of Cleveland, Ohio (2002-2005)
- Vascular Neurology, University of Medicine and Dentistry, New Jersey (2006)
- Endovascular Surgical Neuroradiology, University of Minnesota, (2008)
- Adult Neurology
- Vascular Neurology
- Cerebrovascular diseases
- Endovascular surgical neuroradiology
- Interventional radiology
- Stroke epidemiology
- Acute stroke management
- Endovascular treatment and prevention of stroke
- Suri MFK, Hussain HM, Abdelmoula MM, Divani AA, Qureshi AI. Safety and Tolerability of 600 mg Clopidogrel Bolus in Patients with Acute Ischemic Stroke: Preliminary Experience. Med Sci Mon. In press
- Suri MFK, Suarez JI, Rodrigue TC, Zaidat OO, Vazquez G, Wensel A, Selman WR. Effect of Treatment of Elevated Blood Pressure on Neurological Deterioration in Patients with Acute Intracerebral Hemorrhage. Neurocritical Care, In press.
- Suri MFK, Divani A, Lakshminarayan K, Ezzeddine M, Qureshi AI, Validation of Two Different Grading Schemes to Identify Patients with Asymptomatic Carotid Stenosis in General Population. Journal of Neuroimaging. Journal of Neuroimaging 2007;18:142-147
- Suri MFK, Divani A, Qureshi AI, Hoffmann K. Intracranial Atherosclerotic Disease: Medical, Biomechanical, Imaging, and Flow Dynamics Perspective. Journal of Neuroimaging. In press
- Janjua N, Alkawi A, Suri MF, Qureshi AI. Impact of Arterial Reocclusion and Distal Fragmentation during Thrombolysis among Patients with Acute Ischemic Stroke. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2007. Epub 2007
- Hassan AE, Zacharatos H, Suri MF, Qureshi AI. Drug evaluation of clopidogrel in patients with ischemic stroke. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2007 Nov;8(16):2825-38
- Suri MFK, Nasar A, Hussein HM, Divani A, Qureshi AI. Intra-arterial Thrombolysis for Central Retinal Artery Occlusion in United States: Nationwide In-patient Survey 2001-2003; Journal of Neuroimaging. 2007;17:339-343
- Janjua N, Alkawi A, Georgiadis A, Suri MF, Ibrahim MS, Kirmani JF, Qureshi AI. Feasibility of IA thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke among anticoagulated patients. Neurocrit Care. 2007;7(2):152-5.
- Shah QA, Georgiadis A, Suri MF, Rodriguez G, Qureshi AI. Preliminary experience with intra-arterial nicardipine in patients with acute ischemic stroke. Neurocrit Care. 2007;7(1):53-7.
- Souayah N, Nasar A, Suri MF, Qureshi AI.Guillain-Barre syndrome after vaccination in United States a report from the CDC/FDA Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System. Vaccine. 2007 Jul 20;25(29):5253-5. Epub 2007
- Qureshi AI, Suri MF, Nasar A, Kirmani JF, Ezzeddine MA, Divani AA, Giles WH.Changes in cost and outcome among US patients with stroke hospitalized in 1990 to 1991 and those hospitalized in 2000 to 2001. Stroke. 2007 Jul;38(7):2180-4. Epub 2007 May 24
- Qureshi AI, Janjua N, Kirmani JF, Harris-Lane P, Suri MF, Zhou J, Divani AA. Mechanical disruption of thrombus following intravenous tissue plasminogen activator for ischemic stroke. J Neuroimaging. 2007 Apr;17(2):124-30.
- Ezzeddine MA, Suri MF, Hussein HM, Qureshi AI. Blood pressure management in patients with acute stroke: pathophysiology and treatment strategies. Neurosurg Clin N Am. 2006 Sep;17 Suppl 1:41-56.
- Qureshi AI, Kirmani JF, Hussein HM, Harris-Lane P, Divani AA, Suri MF, Janjua N, Alkawi A. Early and intermediate-term outcomes with drug-eluting stents in high-risk patients with symptomatic intracranial stenosis. Neurosurgery. 2006 Nov;59(5):1044-51
- Qureshi AI, Suri MF, Zhou J, Divani AA. African American women have poor long-term survival following ischemic stroke.Neurology. 2006 Nov 14;67(9):1623-9.
- Qureshi AI, Ezzeddine MA, Nasar A, Suri MF, Kirmani JF, Hussein HM, Divani AA, Reddi AS.Prevalence of elevated blood pressure in 563,704 adult patients with stroke presenting to the ED in the United States. Am J Emerg Med. 2007 Jan;25(1):32-8.
- Suri MFK, Qureshi AI. Prehypertension as Risk Factor for Cardiovascular Diseases. Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing 2006:21:478-482
- Qureshi AI. Ezzeddine MA, Suri MFK, Hussein HM, Divani AA. Endovascular treatment for high-risk patients with symptomatic intracranial stenosis. National Stroke Association stroke clinical update 2006;XVI(3):May-June.
- Qureshi AI, Ezzeddine MA, Nasar A, Suri MFK, Kirmani JF, Janjua N, Divani AA. Is IV tissue plasminogen activator beneficial in patients with hyperdense artery sign? Neurology 2006;66:1171-1174.
- Divani AA, Qureshi AI, Hoffman KR, Suri MFK, Kirmani JF. Comparison of asymmetry in cerebral blood flow between brain hemispheres using digital subtraction angiography. J Neuroimaging 2006;16:139-145.